Brown, Goldstein & Levy lawyers have achieved successful outcomes for their clients through skill, experience, and tenacity. Our main focus is our client and resolution of their issues.
We have been recognized as among the Best Lawyers in America, Maryland’s Top 50 “Super Lawyers,” the Daily Record‘s Leaders in Law, Maryland’s Top 100 Women, as Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and as Maryland Trial Lawyer of the Year.
Listed below are some of the cases in which we obtained million dollar plus results for our clients:
- Won $49 million in a second class action on behalf of students in University of California professional degree programs for tuition overcharges.
- Won $42 million in a class action on behalf of University of California students for tuition overcharges; judgment affirmed on appeal at 156 Cal. App. 4th 809.
- Won a jury verdict of $15 million for a young man who was sexually abused by a lawyer.
- Successfully represented a major provider of medical services in a $15 million contract dispute with local government.
- Obtained a $9M settlement on behalf of a man who was wrongfully convicted and incarcerated for 21 years after Baltimore homicide detectives concealed exculpatory evidence.
- Won $7 million at trial for a mother whose toddler had been killed by a pit bull; and collected all of it after convincing Maryland’s highest court that a landlord with knowledge and control of a tenant’s dangerous pet should be held responsible for the pet’s attacks on visitors.
- Won a $7 million verdict for roofer who suffered debilitating back pain as a result of a car accident.
- Settled a class action claim against Target Corporation for its failure to make www.target.com accessible to the blind. The case established the applicability of the Americans with Disabilities Act to websites that relate to physical places of public accommodations and the applicability of California law to all commercial websites. Target agreed to take necessary steps to make its website fully and equally accessible and to pay $6 million in damages to a class of blind Californians who had unsuccessfully attempted to use the website.
- Won an award of nearly $5 million for three victims of real estate flipping in Baltimore City.
- Won more than $4 million in arbitration for a female Chief Technology Officer at a high-tech startup who was paid less than other C-level executives.
- Won a $3.9 million verdict for family of a worker electrocuted when a crane operator used a crane too close to high-voltage power lines.
- Recovered a total of $2.4 million in overtime pay and fees on behalf of low-wage poultry workers.
- Obtained a settlement of more than $2 million for a child seriously injured in foster care.
- Won a $2 million verdict for discriminatory advertising, a result that was recognized by the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights with its “Outstanding Achievement Award in the Field of Fair Housing.”
- Obtained an almost-$2 million settlement on behalf of German intellectual property rights holder against major law firm for professional malpractice without filing suit.
- Obtained a $1.9M settlement on behalf of the parents of a young man with Down syndrome who was killed by deputy sheriffs who dragged him from a movie theater for the “crime” of wanting to watch a movie a second time without buying a second ticket.
- Won $1.75 million for a senior female executive wrongfully denied promotion by a Fortune 500 company.
- Successfully negotiated a class action settlement agreement that paid $1.55 million to school bus drivers whose employer failed to pay the workers proper overtime and straight-time wages.
- Obtained a settlement of over $1.5 million on behalf of a client who rear-ended a truck that had a defectively designed underride guard.
- Won an award of $1.5 million in fees for plaintiffs’ attorneys for their enforcement of partial consent decree desegregating Baltimore’s public housing.
- Obtained a $1.4 million settlement on behalf of class of 2,500 students who were charged a new fee after already having registered for classes.
- Successfully negotiated a $1 million settlement on behalf of restaurant workers against the Mo’s Seafood chain for wage and hour violations.
- Won a $1 million verdict in a counter-suit on behalf of a girl who was sexually abused by a lawyer, after the lawyer-abuser sued for defamation, a result that was recognized by the National Law Journal as one of the “Top Defense Wins of 2000.”
- Won a $1 million verdict for a woman who fell down a poorly lighted flight of stairs next to the dance floor at a nightclub, breaking her pelvis and wrist.
After a government agency cancelled a software developer’s contract and refused to pay its bill of over $1 million, we developed and executed a strategy that convinced the agency to pay the bill in full and cost the client less than $25,000 in fees.