Baltimore-based litigation firm seeking a full-time paralegal with at least 2 years of experience. The Paralegal will be responsible for providing litigation support. The candidate must have the ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, develop effective solutions and take initiative. The candidate must also be reliable, hardworking, organized and possess exceptional attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, edit, and format legal documents and correspondence.
- Subpoena and review records.
- Manage documents: log, scan, save and upload.
- Assemble exhibits, hearing binders and documents for production.
- File pleadings and materials with federal and local courts and agencies.
- Research facts of case, parties, involved persons, jury verdicts/settlement, etc.
- Obtain and review cases from Westlaw, PACER, Google Scholar, etc.
- Edit and cite check pleadings and discovery.
- Assist with deposition and trial preparation.
- Create deposition digests.
- Attend hearings and trials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
- At least 2 years of recent Paralegal experience or an evening law student.
- Proficiency in MS Office 2016.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in e-filing, time entry & case management software (Pacer, MDEC, Lexbe, etc.).
- Ability to draft table of contents and table of authorities a plus.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Keith Ramalho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate – Civil and Criminal Litigation
Brown Goldstein & Levy LLP, a 22-lawyer litigation firm, seeks to hire an associate to work in its Baltimore office. We are trial lawyers who handle cases of every stripe, civil or criminal. A significant portion of the firm’s practice is devoted to representing plaintiffs in civil rights cases, in areas such as disability rights, housing discrimination, and police misconduct. We take on large, complex personal injury matters and commercial disputes involving large and small businesses alike. The firm also maintains a widely-respected criminal defense practice. See recent updates on the firm’s cases at: browngold.com/news.
The ideal candidate is a person with judicial clerkship and/or meaningful litigation experience, an excellent work ethic, and a commitment to public interest work. Successful candidates must also have strong analytical, writing, research, and interpersonal skills.
Brown, Goldstein & Levy is dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample of no more than ten pages, and a list of references to email@example.com; write “Associate Application” in the subject line.