Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Managing Partner
Supervises: Marketing Manager
Brown Goldstein & Levy, a 22-lawyer Baltimore-based litigation firm seeks an energetic marketing professional to serve as its Director of Marketing. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual who is ready to be challenged and build a career within a law firm.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing, managing and implementing firm-wide marketing, communication and business development strategies, and contributing to the long-term strategic development of the firm and its overall growth and expansion.
The Director of Marketing must have the ability to adapt and respond to multiple incoming requests and shifting priorities, and collaborates with firm attorneys and other professional staff to facilitate seamless marketing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General responsibilities of the Director of Marketing include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute the firm’s marketing, communication, and business development plans aligned with the Firm’s overall strategic plan and goals.
- Propose, manage, and monitor firmwide marketing, communication, and business development budget.
- Track and analyze the effectiveness/ROI of marketing and business development strategies and adjust marketing plan as needed.
- Draft and revise the content of firm’s marketing materials.
- Oversee and manage the brand identity of the firm via BGL’s website, social media, marketing materials, seminar materials, sponsorships, etc.
- Oversee the management of the current database and make recommendations so the database serves as an effective clearinghouse of firmwide contacts, marketing information, clients, potential clients, etc.
- Draft website content and ensure website differentiates the firm from its competitors. Recommend features that will drive traffic to website.
- Develop social media strategies and oversee social media and e-marketing posts to increase followers, engagement, and new clients.
- Develop and implement strategy for seminars and business development events.
- Draft and disseminate Press Releases to targeted media outlets and identify PR opportunities.
- Identify and recommend specific associations that will enhance the visibility of the lawyers and the firm, and identify speaking opportunities and thought leadership opportunities for firm’s attorneys.
- Coach individual attorneys 1-on-1 in developing a personal marketing, brand awareness, and business development plan, targeting prospective clients.
- Conduct trainings for attorneys on Marketing/Communication/Business Development and maintaining client relations.
- Assess firm’s marketing and business development practices and continually work to enhance and improve current practices.
- Supervise and mentor the Marketing Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5-7 years prior marketing experience. Law firm marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience, with the ability to mentor and manage individuals to grow in their profession.
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
Skills & Competencies:
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms
- A strong track record of marketing and business development success
- An approach to marketing and business development that focuses on collaboration, flexibility, and creativity.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, ability to multi-task, demonstrate good judgment, prioritize deadlines and workloads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with consistent attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including independent discernment and decision-making with strong leadership and communication skills, and completes projects on time and within budget.
- Extraordinary ability to adapt to changing list of priorities and excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High professional standards with a focus on quality, client confidentiality, prioritization of client service, and understanding of the demands posed by the legal profession.
- The ability to foster a climate of trust, credibility, inclusion and transparency among attorneys, non-attorney professionals, and staff.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package for the ideal candidate.
For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements to CareersMarketing@browngold.com.
Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. No phone inquiries, please.
Accounting Clerk – Part-Time
Brown, Goldstein & Levy is seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk to join the Accounting team. This position is available immediately starting out on a remote basis and then will likely be onsite after the COVID pandemic.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Working with billing attorneys to identify special billing requirements.
- Performing regular and consistent follow up with assigned billing attorneys to ensure bills are processed by the monthly billing deadlines.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- A minimum of 2-5 years of related billing and/or college students working towards accounting or finance degrees (must be accepted into major).
- Law firm billing experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to review, interpret and implement client billing guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team player.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com.