Associate – Civil and Criminal Litigation
Brown Goldstein & Levy LLP, a 22-lawyer litigation firm, seeks to hire an associate to work in its Baltimore office. We are trial lawyers who handle cases of every stripe, civil or criminal. A significant portion of the firm’s practice is devoted to representing plaintiffs in civil rights cases, in areas such as disability rights, housing discrimination, and police misconduct. We take on large, complex personal injury matters and commercial disputes involving large and small businesses alike. The firm also maintains a widely-respected criminal defense practice. See recent updates on the firm’s cases at: browngold.com/news.
The ideal candidate is a person with judicial clerkship and/or meaningful litigation experience, an excellent work ethic, and a commitment to public interest work. Successful candidates must also have strong analytical, writing, research, and interpersonal skills.
Brown, Goldstein & Levy is dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample of no more than ten pages, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org; write “Associate Application” in the subject line.
Accounting Clerk – Part-Time
Brown, Goldstein & Levy is seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk to join the Accounting team. This position is available immediately starting out on a remote basis and then will likely be onsite after the COVID pandemic.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Working with billing attorneys to identify special billing requirements.
- Performing regular and consistent follow up with assigned billing attorneys to ensure bills are processed by the monthly billing deadlines.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- A minimum of 2-5 years of related billing and/or college students working towards accounting or finance degrees (must be accepted into major).
- Law firm billing experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to review, interpret and implement client billing guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team player.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com.