Baltimore-based litigation firm seeking a full-time paralegal with at least 2 years of experience. The Paralegal will be responsible for providing litigation support. The candidate must have the ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, develop effective solutions and take initiative. The candidate must also be reliable, hardworking, organized, and possess exceptional attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, edit, and format legal documents and correspondence.
- Subpoena and review records.
- Manage documents: log, scan, save and upload.
- Assemble exhibits, hearing binders, and documents for production.
- File pleadings and materials with federal and local courts and agencies.
- Research facts of case, parties, involved persons, jury verdicts/settlement, etc.
- Obtain and review cases from Westlaw, PACER, Google Scholar, etc.
- Edit and cite check pleadings and discovery.
- Assist with deposition and trial preparation.
- Create deposition digests.
- Attend hearings and trials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
- At least 2 years of recent Paralegal experience or an evening law student.
- Proficiency in MS Office 2016.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in e-filing, time entry & case management software (Pacer, MDEC, Lexbe, etc.).
- Ability to draft table of contents and table of authorities a plus.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.