On June 1st, 2021, Autism Society of America hosted a webinar for all affiliate staff and board members titled “Considerations for Returning to In-Person Events” and featured Brown, Goldstein & Levy’s managing partner, Sharon Krevor-Weisbaum. Sharon shared her thoughts on questions posed by webinar participants such as:
- “Is it required to follow CDC guidance? If not, what are the benefits of doing so?”
- “Are there other considerations besides CDC guidance? Are State and Regulatory guidelines mandatory?”
- “Can/should we require attendees to be vaccinated?” Are we allowed to ask for proof?
- “What are the requirements for an affiliate if you are notified that there was an exposure at your event?”
- “Should affiliates develop written protocols prior to events? If so, what should be included (e.g., screening, cleaning/disinfecting, etc.)
With Sharon Krevor-Weisbaum’s knowledge and experience, this webinar was able to provide information to help affiliates make informed choices to resume gatherings safely and appropriately.