The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law announced the election of seven new members to its Board of Visitors (BOV). The 43–member Board is a collaborative forum and professional resource providing insight and support to the Dean on a range of issues critical to the continued growth and success of the Law School. The Board functions as an advisory body with a strong professional and philanthropic commitment to the Law School and as an important liaison to the legal and business communities.
“I am delighted to welcome these outstanding friends and supporters to the Board,” said Dean Donald B. Tobin. “The Board of Visitors is a vital resource. Our new members bring exceptional knowledge and expertise to Maryland Carey Law ensuring our continued excellence and leadership in training the next generation of great lawyers.
The new BOV members are:
- Sara H. Arthur ’83, Founder, Arthur Law Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD
- Anirban Basu ’03, Chairman & CEO, Sage Policy Group, Inc., Baltimore, MD
- Stanford G. Gann Sr. ’55, Principal, Levin & Gann, P.A., Towson, MD
- Joseph W. Hovermill ’93, President & CEO, Miles & Stockbridge, Baltimore, MD
- Sharon Krevor-Weisbaum ’87, Managing Partner, Brown Goldstein Levy LLP, Baltimore, MD
- David M. Martin ’88, Partner, Arent Fox, Washington, DC
- Alexandre H. Rene ’95, Office Managing Partner, Ropes & Gray, Washington, DC