Wage and Hour Violations
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires employers to pay overtime compensation (at time and one half) for all hours worked over 40 hours in a seven day period. Brown, Goldstein & Levy has extensive experience representing large classes of workers who have not been properly paid overtime.
Andy Freeman and Andy Levy are listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 for Labor & Employment Litigation and Andy Freeman was named Best Lawyers 2014 Baltimore Mass Tort Litigation/Plaintiffs Class Actions Lawyer of the Year.
Brown, Goldstein & Levy has been ranked in the 2017 “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers Tier 1 Baltimore for Employment Law-Individuals and Litigation-Labor & Employment.
- Secured $1.25 million settlement for class of school bus drivers and attendants who were denied overtime and straight-time pay by Durham School Services L.P., a school bus contractor for Baltimore City Public Schools, and separate $1.5 million and $975,000 settlements for school bus drivers and attendants underpaid by First Student in Baltimore County and Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Recovered a total of $2.4 million in overtime pay and fees on behalf of low-wage poultry workers.
- Won verdict and appeal on behalf of workers in Delaware chicken processing plants who were owed wages for time spent donning and doffing protective gear, resulting in a payment of $975,000.
- Successfully represented laundry workers, cable installers, home improvement workers, and other laborers who were not paid all wages owed.
- Won ruling that the Walt Disney Company violated workers’ rights under the WARN Act when it closed the ESPN Zone without notice, resulting in a $485,000 settlement.